When considering the balance of ascetics vs durability when choosing fencing materials you may consider wood vs vinyl fencing. Both have pros and cons. So let’s take a look at the pros and cons of wood fencing.
Pros of Wood Fences:
- A traditional and classic look.
- A wider varieties of colors.
- Easy to personalize the look of wood fences with planters and other decorations such as stenciling patterns.
Cons of Wood Fences:
- Lots of maintenance to prevent fungus, yearly repainting or staining.
- Vulnerability to termites and other pest.
- Wood rot.
- Without improper installation, the posts for wood fences tend to sink below ground level which can warp the fence.
In an upcoming fencing article we will compare wood fencing vs vinyl fencing. If you have questions you’d like answers to now, give Charlotte’s Leading fencing supplier, World Class Fencing a call today at (704) 662-9600