Are you planning on putting up the new aluminum fence this weekend? Check out the brief video above as you are researching the steps on how you can DIY aluminum fence installation, plus she gives out helpful hints too!
When installing your aluminum fence, here’s a checklist of things that you need to do first:
- Check local zoning laws for boundaries and height requirements. Talk to your neighbor too about your proposed fence plan.
- Get the required building permits depending on your locality.
- Contact underground utilities providers. To install aluminum fences, you will have to dig at least 30inches so it’s best to ensure that you will not be hitting pipes.
- Create your fencing plan.
Tools and equipment needed:
- tape measure
- marking paint
- drill nut driver
- sledge hammer
- rubber mallet
- powered auger/manual post hole digger
- tamping bar
- metal shears
- concrete mix
Installation Quick Steps:
- Get your fence plan, find your fence line, and mark it using the string and stakes. Find the spot for your gates of you have gate posts or if you don’t have one, locate the end and corner posts.
- Next is the hole digging step. Make sure you have marked the underground utilities first. Use a powered auger or a manual post hole digger.
- Put the post inside the hole, get the concrete mix ,and fill the holes with concrete. Ensure that all posts are level.
- Once the gates, end, or corner posts are up, measure and mark the measurement required for the fence sections. You can dig 8 to 10 poles per line.
- Put the posts in and attach the fence sections to the posts. Use the screws supplied.
- Fill the holes of the posts as you complete attaching fence sections down the line.
These are just the initial steps in installing an aluminum post. Watch the video for complete steps on how you can cut and notch a fence section, how to level the fence (raise/lower), and how to install a gate.