Here’s an interesting video on installing vinyl fencing
In this video, This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook works with a fencing contractor to install a vinyl privacy fence.
1. Use an electric jackhammer to cut away part of the asphalt driveway at the first gatepost location.
2. Stretch a taut mason line from the first post location to establish the position of the second post.
3. Use a posthole digger to excavate a 30-inch-deep posthole for each gatepost.
4. Slide an aluminum I-beam into each vinyl post and secure them with ¾-inch self-tapping screws.
5. Pour one 80-pound bag of concrete into a wheelbarrow, add six pints of water, and mix well with a shovel.
6. Dump two full shovels of concrete into the first hole.
7. Set an aluminum-fortified vinyl gatepost in the hole and plumb it with a level.
8. Shovel more concrete around the post, filling the hole to within 3 inches of grade.
9. Tamp down the concrete with a steel bar, then smooth the concrete with a trowel.
10. Repeat Steps 6 through 9 to install the second gatepost.
For the ful article visit: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/video/0,,20955543,00.html