For detailed swimming pool fencing requirements, click here or contact your local municipality for additional zoning and code requirements. In the meantime, here is a brief overview:
- The fence must completely surround the swimming pool and obstruct access to it.
- The pool fencing must be at least 48 inches (4 feet) high.
- In the case of an aboveground pool, the fence may either be mounted on top of the pool structure or be at ground level. But if the fence is mounted on the top, the space between the top and bottom of the fence cannot exceed 4 inches.
- A building wall may form part of pool fencing. However, where the wall acts as part of the fence, at least one of the following 2 requirements must be met: The pool must have a powered safety cover, or all doors with direct access to the pool through the wall must be equipped with a means of protection – for example, an alarm.
- In the case of an aboveground pool, the actual structure can serve as part of the fencing, provided the structure is rigid enough to obstruct access to it. If the means of access is steps or a ladder, these must be able to be removed, locked or secured to prevent access, or they must be surrounded by the fencing.
At World Class Fence Distributors, we provide high-quality vinyl and aluminum fencing for residential and commercial properties across the nation. We talk to every customer to guarantee satisfaction. Visit this page and follow the easy steps to place your online order.